Why Selenium Is An Important Tool For Testing Automation.
To Perform Automation Testing so many tools available in the market to like selenium, TestComplete, Ranorex, Katalon Studio, Test Studio and so on. But out of all these tools Selenium is used widely and the first choice of any organization.
One question is always raised in the mind of any Software tester that if “n” number of tools available in the market then why selenium?
What is Selenium?
Selenium is not just a single tool or a utility, rather a package of several testing tools and for the same reason, it is referred to as a Suite. Selenium is designed in a way to support and encourage automation testing of functional aspects of web-based applications and a wide range of browsers and platforms.
Selenium supports distributed testing? Selenium Grid ?
Selenium Grid can be used to execute same or different test scripts on multiple platforms and browsers concurrently so as to achieve distributed test execution, testing under different environments and saving execution time remarkably.
Yes, Selenium supports distributed testing. Distributed testing refers to the practice of distributing tests across multiple systems or machines in order to test a software application in a more efficient and scalable manner. With Selenium, you can distribute tests across multiple machines, each running a different browser or operating system, in order to simulate a real-world testing scenario.
This helps to ensure that your application works correctly in different environments, and helps to identify issues that may not be apparent when testing on a single machine. Additionally, distributing tests can also help to speed up the testing process, as multiple tests can be run simultaneously.
There are so many reasons that selenium is the first choice of any Software Quality Expert.
Very First reason is that selenium is an open-source tool, which makes it more preferable if we can compare with other tools say QTP (Quick Test Professional ) which is a licensed one.
More reasons why selenium is more popular than other testing tools:
(1) Supports Various Programming Language: To write Test Scripts various Programming Language Supported by Selenium Which includes Java, C#, Python, Perl and so on..)
(2) Compatibility with OS: you can test your applications by using selenium on all major Operating Systems including Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, iOS and Android.
(3) Supports various Testing Framework: Selenium Supports different Testing frameworks like TestNG, JUnit etc based on the platform of Programming that you are using.
(4) Execution Time: While Performing functional testing execution time of Selenium is much faster than other testing tools
(5) Compatibility with browsers: Selenium supports cross-browser testing (it supports all popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Apple Safari etc…)
(6) Easily integration: Selenium can easily Integrate with ANT, Maven like build Automation Tools for Version Control.
(7) Support: Selenium is supported by a vibrant, active user community, and it has a bright future in the Market.